By: Frank Turley and Willem Van Mulders
Two of the goals we have PMI Belgium are:
- Make it much easier for people to learn and practice project management
- Make it much easier for any person to teach project management
This is the main reason we have the Learn Thru Practice initiative, so let me give you an update of where we are today and what we have done in 2020:
- Delivered two small classroom trainings in early 2020
- Delivered two online try out zoom trainings in late 2020
- LTP workshop training material is now mature
Learn Thru Practice approach to training
We introduce a project scenario and ask the participants to run the project and therefore do the necessary activities to run the project. This is one the project scenarios that we use which to host a swimming marathon to raise money for two Belgian Charities.
This is a good project scenario (thanks to Jaak Neyns) as it easy for people to understand and still incorporates all the important project management activities.
What people can expect from the Learn Thru Practice workshop?
- Hands on overview of how a project works
- Have practiced the following steps and techniques
- Create the Project Summary document (why, objective, business case)
- Break down a project into deliverables
- Write requirement documents with quality criteria
- Describe the main project output
- Define and follow up on risks
- Visualize the project data and break project into cycles, etc…
Have confidence and practical knowledge to continue with project management
- We will organize our next online workshops on 3 consecutive Saturdays in February:
- February 6th, 13th, 20th from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
If you wish to participate in these workshops, please register through our website. Registration will open soon.
- We can support 20 people in each workshop.
- If you would like to learn how to give these workshops, then please join (we have four places for trainers or potential trainers)
- You can contact Willem van Mulders or Frank Turley for more information