The goal of a study group is to bring together people who aim to pass the PMI-ACP exam. This is not a training, but a gathering of like-minded members who want to support each other in their effort to take the exam. Your participation in this Study Group will not count towards the 21 contact hours.
Most of the time, these gatherings are going to be virtual as we will be using Microsoft Teams for our sessions.
Unfortunately, PMI has not yet published a standard or BOK for Agile (apart from the add-on for PMBOK version 6). To counter this, we will be using a commercial book (see below) as a guide. We expect each participant to present one chapter from the study guide.
The number of participants will be limited to 15, but the minimum number of participants is 7. If we don’t reach the minimum number of participants this Study Group will be cancelled or postponed.
A moderator, who is supposed to be PMI-ACP certified, will organize, plan and lead the 10 sessions.
Participation in this Study Group is free for the members of the PMI Belgium Chapter. Exceptionally, we could allow non-members to participate against a nominal fee.
Additional (exam) guidance can be delivered on a voluntary basis through the PMI Belgium Chapter GROW mentoring program afterwards.
The suggested start date of this Study Group will be March 2020. Sessions will be organized in the evening and will take 1,5 to 2 hours each.
- -Be a member of the PMI Belgium Chapter (in good standing)
- -Study book: PMI-ACP Exam Prep 2ndedition by Mike Griffiths (ISBN: 9781932735987) (to be bought separately)
- -Willing to present a chapter from the above Study Book
- -Session 1: Introduction to PMI-ACP, eligibility criteria, how to register, …
- -Session 2: Agile principles and mindset (Chapter 1)
- -Session 3: Value-driven delivery (Chapter 2)
- -Session 4: Stakeholder engagement (Chapter 3)
- -Session 5: Team performance (Chapter 4)
- -Session 6: Adaptive planning (Chapter 5)
- -Session 7: Problem detection and resolution (Chapter 6)
- -Session 8: Continuous Improvement (Chapter 7)
- -Session 9: Overflow session
- -Session 10: Closing session
Currently, we have only 3 registrations which means we are still missing 4 participants to be able to start. However, there is still time to register. If you are interested in participating, please visit this page to register without any obligations. You will be contacted personally as soon as a moderator for the Study Group is appointed.