As I am being asked sometimes on what Podcast I listen to, I have decided to share a list of the ones I like best:
- Tim Ferris - Podcast: Tim get to interview so many brilliant people and these interviews last on average 1.5 hours. I have learned so much from these interviews and I also got many ideas for talks at Toastmasters. The last podcast episode was with Maurice Ashley who was the first black Chess Grandmaster – the title of the interview was: The Path and Strategies of World Class mastery.
- BBC – Business Maters: This is a way for me to keep up to date on the most important news so I don’t have to bother watching TV NEWS on YouTube. Actually, I use this to fall asleep, so I perhaps miss 50% of each show but knowing more about project manager is more important.
- BBC The Life Scientific: These are interviews with top scientists in their field so the interview is about their life, why the do what they do and their big breakthroughs. The interview does a great job and extracting this information. I am a big style of biographies, so this format helps a lot.
- PMI Projectified: is a series of conversations about hot PM topics and emerging trends impacting the world of project managers, from digital transformation to artificial intelligence to career development. I have to listen to this more. I also listen to the PM Podcast by Cornelius Fichtner whom has some great interviews with project managers
- BBC Tech Tent: Well I am a bit of a geek and I like to stay up to date on technology as I must look and sound cools to my kids. This podcast is “light” and covers enough for me, but I do complement it with stuff from YouTube.
I challenge Brian Thumwood to list his top 5 podcasts!
By Frank Turley