Fresh Start is a European project. UC Leuven Limburg cooperates with LSBU and Hogeschool Zuyd to create a model of integration through entrepreneurship for people with an international background.
The project management skills are important for entrepreneurs. We would like to improve our participants’ project management skills to realise their projects.
Why a light PM practical workshop?
Project Management is an important life skills that many people find hard to learn as they cannot get basic practice, and practice is the best way to learn project management. Also today, there is far too much focus on PM certifications which has the following results: the practice side of project management is skipped and people don't develop the confidence in their ability to give it a go.
We need four things to make it easier for people to learn and practice PM
- Simple light project framework
- Sample projects for lots of different types of projects (PDF format) - All FREE
- Simple online tool to support project manager (this has to be free)
- Free WorkShop training material for people to train each other practical PM
Light PM Workshop format (7 hrs )
- Participants are introduced to an easy to understand project scenario
- Participants are introduced to a light PM process which is very easy to follow
- Participants execute each activity of the project (groups of 2-3 people)
- Duration: 7 hours (1 day )
Note: The focus is on the project management activities
Project Management Workshop
Date: Thursday 28th of March, 09:30- 16:30,
Location: Excelsiorlaan 31 1930 Zaventem (OFIX, host us for this event (http://ofix.be).
Trainer: Frank Turley volunteer with PMI Belgium
Currently we have 12 free slots.