As we are now in the mid of the year, it is a good time to reflect back and to look forward.
Evaluating the first half of 2017, we might say we have initiated and achieved a lot on different tracks.
- We organised a cross-industry event with the Engineering community
- The 1st GROW-program is a success, and had a big uptake. It is now copied in different other chapters in de EMEA-region.
- The PMFair-organisation with the Project Management Compass, is now in full speed. The volunteers are doing a fantastic job to make it a high quality and interesting event.
- On the Educational and Academical outreach, we are attracting more and more schools and other communities that are interested in the Project Management Profession.
- The last Hackathon-event was a great success, although only 43 participants showed up, there was a lot of interaction and interesting discussions.
- Our number of committed Volunteers is at the highest level ever and they do their utmost best to serve the PMI community.
- Our member-base is growing. We are now 870+ members.
- With all the European PMI-presidents we have agreed that our members can attend each other chapter events, at the same conditions of the chapter members. This means that for example, you do not need to be a 'PMI-Spain chapter member' to attend a PMI event at Barcelona. So take advantage of this to optimise your EU-network. We are also working on a common EMEA-calendar.
Also the 2nd half of 2017 is looking promising with some more events , as well as the largest Belgian Project Management Congress PMFair to come.
I wish you all very nice summer holidays. Enjoy your time off with your family and friends, and last but not least: Do not forget to register yourself for the PMFair on October 6th. via our website!!
All the best and hope to see you at our events,
President - PMI Belgium Chapter