By: Frank Turley and Willem Van Mulders
Two of the goals we have PMI Belgium are:
- Make it much easier for people to learn and practice project management
- Make it much easier for any person to teach project management
This is the main reason we have the Learn Thru Practice initiative, so let me give you an update of where we are today and what we have done in 2020:
- Delivered two small classroom trainings in early 2020
- Delivered two online try out zoom trainings in late 2020
- LTP workshop training material is now mature
Learn Thru Practice approach to training
We introduce a project scenario and ask the participants to run the project and therefore do the necessary activities to run the project. This is one the project scenarios that we use which to host a swimming marathon to raise money for two Belgian Charities.
This is a good project scenario (thanks to Jaak Neyns) as it easy for people to understand and still incorporates all the important project management activities.
What people can expect from the Learn Thru Practice workshop?
- Hands on overview of how a project works
- Have practiced the following steps and techniques
- Create the Project Summary document (why, objective, business case)
- Break down a project into deliverables
- Write requirement documents with quality criteria
- Describe the main project output
- Define and follow up on risks
- Visualize the project data and break project into cycles, etc…
Have confidence and practical knowledge to continue with project management
This workshop uses the P3.express project framework. P3.express is
- a simplified, minimalist, and practical framework
- for everyone involved in projects: it's easy to learn and easy to use
- inspired by PRINCE2®, PMBOK® Guide, DSDM®, and XP
free and open-source
See the site https://p3.express/ for more information.
Click here to sign up for our next series of online workshops (3 Saturday mornings) Saturday February 6th, 13th, 20th : 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Group will be limited to 20 people for this workshop
If you would like to learn how to give these workshops, then please join (we have four places for trainers or potential trainers)