We are very pleased to invite you to the first ever crossborder event between PMI Belgium and PMI France. A unique opportunity to expand your professional network outside of Belgium and share your experience with the French Project Managers community!
The main theme of this crossborder event is the CRITICAL CHAIN. A real opportunity to learn and share experience on the advantages of this method against the traditional critical path method.
The very recent PMI Pulse in 2016 shows that 51% of the projects have delays. It is the trend that we continue to observe since 10 years. No real improvement.
We all know the Critical Path Method but what about the Critical Chain Method?
One of the main objectives is the avoidance of project delays. This global vision of project planning gives impressive results. However, a change of the project managers behaviours is key for success.
In 2012, Gerald I.Kendall and Kathleen M.Austin studied the practical advantages of the Critical Chain methodology.
The numbers are self explanatory:
- A project time reduction of 38,8% with a range from 13,3% to 77,8%.
- An increase of the number of finished projects according to their timeline of 70% (with a range from 15% to 222%).
- A marginal contribution increase of 52,9% with a range from 14% to 150%.
Join us to this event for learning all what want to know about this well-known methodology:
- Where does the Critical Chain come from?
- What are the principles of this approach?
- What are the advantages and limitations of this methodology?
- What are the obstacles in its implementation?
- What do we need to change in our behaviours?
Block the date of 2nd June as from today for this great learning and networking opportunity together with our French colleagues.
A cocktail will be organised after the session to facilitate the exchanges between our French and Belgian peers.
We will have the pleasure to have Pierre Jaeck (PhD, MBA, PMP) as the speaker for this event and he will also facilitate joint workshops with the 2 PMI communities after his presentation. He started to work in the Defense Industry in Research & Development. Then, he moved to the consultancy and auditing of IT systems for a few years. And finally he came back to the Industry as Project Office Manager in the Oil&Gas sector in which the Critical Chain is in use.
Program of the event:
- 18h30: Welcome
- 19h00 – 19h30: Ice Breaker
- 19h30 – 21h00: Presentation & workshop – the Critical Chain Methodology
- 21h15: Cocktail
Please note that the presentation will be in French.
For our members having the PMP or PgMP certifications, this event will give them the opportunity to count 2 PDUs in the category “Strategy”.
Date: 2nd June 2016
Location: La Cité Scientifique, Rue Guglielmo Marconi, 59650 Villeneuve-d’Ascq (Lille) [Google Maps]