Grateful Leadership: Using the Power of Acknowledgment to Engage All Your People and Achieve Superior Results
Effective leaders must find ways to enhance people’s level of engagement, commitment and support, especially in the difficult periods all organizations experience at one time or another. Engaged employees work with passion and feel connected and loyal to their organization. This yields higher productivity, sales, and results. Non-engagement in the workplace results in poor performance, limited productivity, and an erosion of the bottom line. People need consistent affirmation of their value and contribution to the organization in order to know that their efforts are appreciated. This can be accomplished through the practice of Grateful Leadership.
Grateful leaders can tap into the power of personal commitment and dedication by acknowledging people in an authentic, heartfelt manner. Those leaders who model true acknowledgment behavior will inspire others to do the same and to want to dramatically increase their levels of contribution to the organization, making the power of acknowledgment transformational.
Webinar 29 July at 12h00 Brussels Time
This webinar is highly interactive and includes various exercises. It focuses on:
- Linking effective leadership and employee engagement
- Strengthening interpersonal relationships
- Motivating teams and corporate stakeholders
- Developing personal leadership capabilities
- Assessing personal acknowledgment skills
What You Will Learn:
- Understanding the need for Grateful leadership to create a culture of appreciation in the workplace
- Understanding the benefits of Grateful Leadership in the workplace
- Overcoming the barriers to using acknowledgment
- Demonstrating the language and subtleties of authentic and heartfelt acknowledgement behavior
- Describing Two of the Seven Principles of Acknowledgment in the context of your personal leadership style
- Describing how to coach teams, managers, and other corporate stakeholders in using Grateful Leadership to produce breakthrough results
- Date: 29 July 2015
- Time: 12h00 - 13h30 Brussels Time
- Register here
- Tip: Reserve a room at your office and invite your coworkers!
About Judy Umlas
Judith W. Umlas is Sr. Vice President, author and trainer at International Institute for Learning, Inc. (IIL), a global corporate training company. She is the publisher of IIL Publishing, New York, as well as the Publisher of allPM.com, the web portal for over project managers around the globe. She is the author of the ground-breaking book, The Power of Acknowledgment ©2006, IIL Publishing, New York, which has been credited with changing workplaces and lives by making use of the 7 Principles of Acknowledgment she developed. Her book on Grateful Leadership, Using the Power of Acknowledgment to Engage All Your People and Achieve Superior Results was published by McGraw-Hill Professional in association with IIL in January, 2013 and You’re Totally Awesome: The Power of Acknowledgment for Kids was published in late 2013 by IIL Publishing.
Judith delivers inspiring, motivational and transformational keynote addresses on Grateful Leadership and The Power of Acknowledgment all over the world. She also leads webinars and teaches full day virtual and traditional courses to organizations such as Volvo, the U.S. Army, Prudential, JMP Engineering, the World Bank, Fannie Mae, IBM, AT&T, Google, Amway, the New York Police Department and many others. She has trained tens of thousands of people through her leading edge, highly interactive and engaging courses and keynotes – with outstanding and longlasting results. Grateful Leadership and The Power of Acknowledgment are Judith’s passion and her mission!